Be a HEMA Alliance member

HEMA Alliance news, as well as upcoming and past events.
John F
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Be a HEMA Alliance member

Postby John F » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:24 am

Membership question - I see the member only forum, but I don't have the slick member tag under my name. Two separate processes? Thanks again!
Foil, Epee, Smarra, Sabre, Rapier, Longsword

http://redsunfencing.wordpress.com/

Jonathan Allen
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Jonathan Allen » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:06 pm

John Fowlds wrote:Membership question - I see the member only forum, but I don't have the slick member tag under my name. Two separate processes? Thanks again!

Just send a private message to a moderator.
Jonathan Allen
Scholars of Alcalá
San Diego, CA
http://grauenwolf.wordpress.com/

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Mon May 05, 2014 9:29 am

JMWilson70 wrote:Been wanting to be a member for a while, but our club has been waiting for the right fundage (we are all poor sots and are spreading the wealth in slow increments of Dues collected). Steel Ring Academy is a new Group Affiliate as of last weekend and our members will start joining in a steady trickle - or such is the plan.

- Thanks for being here.

Jeff Wilson
SRA
http://steelringacademy.weebly.com/

We're glad to have you Jeff!
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Jordan Hinckley
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Jordan Hinckley » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:07 am

I am wondering, as we get new perks like discounts is it possible to let our registered members know via an email blast or something? I know a lot of people are not on here constantly, and it seems as though a lot of the discussion has moved to Facebook, but I would love to see notification of perks to members sent out as they come up. The other challenge as I see is people not knowing when their renewal date is. Would it be possible to do an emailed reminder on the month that they are due? I serve on the Utah Scottish Association and one thing that we do is when we do memberships we send out a card with the name and date of expiration. This could be done digitally if people really wanted one, but would also serve as a reminder that "My membership expires in November, I need to remember to pay that." I don't know, it seems like there is room for some minor improvement here.
"Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment." The Mouse that Roared by Leonard Wibberley
http://www.TheUCSA.com

Ben Floyd
Site Admin

Postby Ben Floyd » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:42 pm

Membership cards have been in the works for a while now. We're waiting on the membership automation project to be done so that we can use the unique member numbers on them. My wife has already made the card's graphics. They just need to be filled in after the automation software is finished.

We've also briefly talked about making a periodic newsletter to announce things like discounts, events, etc.
Ben Floyd
HEMAA Lifetime Member
Krieg School of Historical Fencing, a HEMAA group

"A poor Stück will be executed by an ingenious mindful person much more usefully in the work, than the best one will be executed by a fool."

James Reilly

Postby James Reilly » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:57 am

Howdy folks,

Joined the HEMA Alliance back in 2011. Since then i have had 2 deployments, 1 household move to a new duty station. When you pair that with three kids, it was too much for me to keep up with. What is the process for renewing my membership? Do i need a new membership? I was an individual member and paid 1 years worth of dues. Let me know, Thanks!
James Reilly
Wisconsin Historical Fencing Association http://www.wi-hfa.com
Historical Fencing Affiliates
HEMA Alliance

John Harmston
Site Admin

Postby John Harmston » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Welcome back, James.

If you haven't received a renewal email you can always renew via the links at: http://hemaalliance.com/individualmemberships
John Harmston
Senior Instructor - True Edge Academy
HEMA Alliance Forum Admin
Lifetime Member, HEMA Alliance

Richard Marsden
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Richard Marsden » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:11 am

Hello!

We're doing web work fairly often. Let me grab one of the web-folk to check you out and see what we can do.

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Please PM me with a link to your logo and address for your website, and I'll work on it.
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Ben Hay

Postby Ben Hay » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Hello...

I submitted a membership application and PayPal-ed my dues about a month ago, but have yet to receive any confirming correspondence. I even followed the instructions, and sent an "irate but expletive-free" email (although I don't really do "irate" well). Still no response. I am sad.

Any chance of confirmation or denial through this channel, or perhaps an alternate instruction set?

Thanks!
Cheers!

Ben Hay
benjamin_hay@mac.com
=====================

Return to “Announcements & Events”