1. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other individuals and organizations. Personal attacks or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or banning.
2. In order to help foster civility and camaraderie, please register with and use your real name. Accounts using fictional screen names will be deleted.
3. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or banning.
4. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
5. Members are asked to respect the copyrights of other users, sites, media, etc.
6. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is, users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small, or colored text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
7. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!!!", "How do you do this?", "Something cool happened!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "How do you perform a Zornhau?" or "I would like feedback on this sparring video".
8. Off-topic spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Users posting spam will be warned or banned and their post removed.
9. The above forum rules also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings or banning and/or the revocation of private messaging.
10. If members note a post that contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a Moderator. Please use the "post report" feature to report posts.
11. The Moderators reserve the right to delete posts and ban users at their discretion without warning.
12. These rules are subject to revision at any time without warning.
13. The HEMA Alliance assumes no responsibility or liability for the behavior of forum users. Use this forum at your own risk.
In order to more consistently approach problems, the following outlines the process in which warnings, temporary bans, and permanent bans are given to those who continuously violate the atmosphere and cooperative spirit we strive to cultivate on the board. This system is also geared to show the forum populace a more visible moderation system. It is intended to be very simple and to allow the moderation team to deal with problems which arise without offenders being surprised by any actions that occur due to their conduct.
· A user will be warned three times, at maximum, before being temporarily banned.
· All warnings will be made publicly with the reason for the warning stated.
· If the infraction of the rules is severe and/or blatant, a user may be temporarily banned without any warnings whatsoever.
· After the first temporary ban, each additional temporary ban on the same user will increase in duration.
· Permanent bans must be discussed with the moderation team and the GC.
The Admin Team
HEMA Alliance news, as well as upcoming and past events.
1 post • Page 1 of 1