HEMA Alliance Events Calendar

HEMA Alliance news, as well as upcoming and past events.
A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

HEMA Alliance Events Calendar

Postby A Froster » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:15 pm

A lot of people a have been asking for this so here is my best version of the HEMA Alliance Events Calendar.

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=harold.tow%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

I believe I can set it up for anyone to edit the calendar and will do so as long as there are no objections. Simply provide me with your email address via PM and I will try to get you set up.

Jason Taylor is working on embedding it onto the main HEMA Alliance Website.
Opposing trolls and shills everywhere for the betterment of HEMA ( hyperbolically speaking that is) otherwise, welcoming to everyone.

Ken Dietiker
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: HEMA Alliance Events Calendar

Postby Ken Dietiker » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:17 am

So, am loving the Calendar, but is it possible to get a direct link to it on the front page? Right now, one has to dig into the Announcements page to find a mention for a link to it (when on a strange computer and no "Favorites" bookmark available).
Thanks,

Ken
Ken Renaud Dietiker
Owner-Instructor
Seven Swords Academy, Tacoma, WA
-----------------
e: ken.dietiker (at) hemaalliance.com

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby A Froster » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:37 am

Ken Dietiker wrote:So, am loving the Calendar, but is it possible to get a direct link to it on the front page? Right now, one has to dig into the Announcements page to find a mention for a link to it (when on a strange computer and no "Favorites" bookmark available).
Thanks,

Ken

I am waiting on instructions from the powers that be on where they want me to put it.
Opposing trolls and shills everywhere for the betterment of HEMA ( hyperbolically speaking that is) otherwise, welcoming to everyone.

tholter

Postby tholter » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 am

Is anyone keeping this up to date? We're looking for a good weekend for our tournament and want to avoid the bigger ones. So, looking for a good source of event calendars...

Markus Koivisto

Postby Markus Koivisto » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:19 am

Looks up to date. There's some events missing that don't have dates announced yet, of course: for instance, I don't see Swordfish mentioned but then again I don't recall Swordfish announcing any dates either.
Turun Historiallisen Miekkailun Seura
Turku, Finland

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Would it be possible to give me the XML link for it (click share calendar, then details on the top, then on the bottom of that page next to calendar address click the little orange XML button.), that way I could host it on the side of Kron's website for our members to see? Thanks! The URL should look something like this: https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/b ... blic/basic
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Markus Koivisto

Postby Markus Koivisto » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 am

Turun Historiallisen Miekkailun Seura
Turku, Finland

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Thanks Markus, I was thinking of doing that but I've been super busy. One slight modification, for the XML link to use with wordpress's calendar widget it must be /full at the end not basic. (In case anyone else wants to use the link) https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/h ... ublic/full

Now Kron's website has both our calendar, and the HEMA calendar readily available!!! http://www.kronmartialarts.com/
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Jamesaet3

Postby Jamesaet3 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:06 am

I was hoping that maybe there might be an update for next years events! I would really like to start planning ahead. I'm sure some of us feel the same way! Anyway this could be a possibility.
"Legs feed the Wolf"

James E Auger

jcostantino

Postby jcostantino » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:57 am

Hi there! Is there an updated events calendar? This thread is a bit old and all the links but this one (http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?sr ... a/New_York) don't work so I doubt it. I didn't see a calendar link on the main HEMAA page or Kron's website.... Could this initiative be picked up again?

Return to “Announcements & Events”