HEMA Elections August 2016

HEMA Alliance news, as well as upcoming and past events.
Jayson Barrons

Re: HEMA Elections August 2016

Postby Jayson Barrons » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:07 pm

I nominate meg floyd, and Aaron Karnuta.

I also nominate Josh's nomination of Shober.

Meg Floyd
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Meg Floyd » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:09 pm

I accept my nomination. My platform's one of social outreach and event promotion. My current aims for the Alliance this year are to create pre-packaged materials like pamphlets for Alliance clubs to do community outreach, and to get member/Alliance communications smoothed out via a regular newsletter.

I also second the nominations of Josh Lucas and Aaron Shober.
Ból jest najlepszym nauczycielem.

“What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting.”
― Frank Herbert

http://www.kriegschool.com

Josh Lucas

Postby Josh Lucas » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:51 am

Thank you Meg.

My intents of accepting the nomination, and if elected, participating in the GC are as follows:

-Broaden the shoulders of the support side of the HEMA community.
-Work towards and assist the new sitting president in accomplishing their plans and goals for that year.
-Accept and fulfill any responsibilities judged within my scope of abilities by the council.
-Make suggestions and decisions that would benefit the entire HEMA Alliance community

If elected I look forward to sustaining and growing the HEMA Alliance, and their-by, growing HEMA as a whole. I appreciate the consideration.

Aaron Karnuta

Postby Aaron Karnuta » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 am

I accept my nominations. I will not be running for president.

A bit about myself
I do HEMA things in Colorado. Which, until the Fabulous Floyds showed up early in 2015 was a pretty lonely place to do HEMA things. Since then I've had the opportunity to visit several events and be introduced to the wider community that exists outside the state.

What can I offer the Alliance?
Time. A lot of work can go into making an organization run smoothly. Paper work, data entry, budgeting... all these things take time and are necessary for the governing council to function. Nobody wants to enter in the results of an entire tournament into a spreadsheet, so I'll volunteer. To get things done somebody has to do the dull and tedious stuff, someone who has the time and is willing to work on the monotonous tasks that better all of HEMA. Think of me as free labor.

Jayson Barrons

Postby Jayson Barrons » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:54 am

I am nominating Ashleigh Hobbs. She's wonderfully proactive, and humble in her desire to help.

Ashleigh Hobbs

Postby Ashleigh Hobbs » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:26 pm

Greetings. I accept my nomination from Jayson.

A little bit about me....

• I work remotely for Purpleheart Armoury and Revolution Clubs doing customer service, website updates, and various other things. Since it's my only job, I have plenty of time on my hands for HEMA.
  • I manage and coordinate everything for Ordo Procinctus HEMA.
  • I head up the Southern Historical Fencing League, keeping everything going. This is our first year and it's doing well and getting progressively better.
  • I coordinated the first year of Baton Rouge Open which had a lot of success.
  • I have a B.S. in Marketing with minors in Psychology and Spanish.

I have developed skills in technical writing, marketing and advertising, finances and budgeting, procurement, organizing/outlining/planning, information research, data gathering, time management, project management, and support staffing.

If I had a platform it would be helping startup clubs and small clubs succeed, networking clubs together (like we're doing with the leagues), and developing judge training on a national level. But I'm up for anything :)

Richard Marsden
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Richard Marsden » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:56 pm

AshH

We need your real (full) name or people won't know to vote for you.

Ashleigh Hobbs

Postby Ashleigh Hobbs » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Umm...Ashleigh Hobbs *thumbs up*

Jude Ledesma

Postby Jude Ledesma » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:53 pm

I nominate Ted Elsner.
Jude Ledesma
Fremont Freifechter
MFFG Study Group

Ted Elsner

Postby Ted Elsner » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:49 am

I accept the nomination for the glory of Meyer.

A bit about myself. I am the founder and main instructor for the Sacramento Freifechter as well as the head of Region VI (the West Coast) of the Meyer Freifechter GUild. Beyond the study of HEMA and training there of I also have a background in teaching and culinary arts with a Bachelor's in Culinary Management and a Master's in Education.

My main interests in being on the GC would be in assisting member groups in the development of curriculum and lesson planning although I would happily handle any other responsibilities assigned to me.

A vote for me is a vote for Meyer! (Hmmm, maybe that will doom me? Such is the life of a heretic.)
Ted Elsner
Sacramento Frei Fechter
An MFFG Study Group

Return to “Announcements & Events”