Practice Registration Questions

This forum is for HEMA Alliance Affiliates to register official HEMA Alliance activities. Recurring activities such as weekly practice times need only be posted once until the schedule changes.
william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Practice Registration Questions

Postby william_cain_iii » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:03 am

What's the procedure for when your schedule is tentative?

We try to practice twice a week, but we can't schedule it very much in advance because two of our members have variable schedules at work. So we meet when we can.
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

Jake Norwood

Re: Practice Registration Questions

Postby Jake Norwood » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 am

Hi William. I split this thread to keep the other one organized, and to make space for other folks to answer similar questions.

To answer your question:

Not every practice needs to be an “official” event. Pick-up practice sessions are common everywhere and don’t count as official events (and thus aren’t covered for liability). It’s not any different from what you’re doing now!

However, if it looks like your clubs schedule is always going to be like this, pick the three times a week that you are most likely to meet and register those. You can also pre-register any practice if you’ve got a day’s notice on it. That means you’ll take up more space on the forum than other folks, and you’ll have to “stay on it” more than other folks, but it will allow you to keep your practices “official.”

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,

Jake Norwood
Acting President, GC
HEMA Alliance
Jake Norwood
Capital KDF
xKDF Network
YouTube Channel: DerAltenFechter

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Practice Registration Questions

Postby william_cain_iii » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:43 am

That works for me, Jake. Thank you very much.
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

Return to “Official Activities Registry”