March 23rd Classroom Presentation

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.
Myles Cupp
HEMA Alliance Member

March 23rd Classroom Presentation

Postby Myles Cupp » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:26 am

So tonight, the night of March 23rd, Kron in conjunction with the CSUF Medieval Swordsmanship Club gave a presentation to the Medieval history class on the subject of martial arts, manual study and some weaponry. I wanted to make sure to say a few things.

First, I want to publicly thank everyone who participated and lent a hand in preparing for the talk as well as those who provided moral support and encouragement. It is the concerted and united efforts of everyone in Kron that makes events like this possible. It is my intention to have more events like this in the future and to encourage others to spearhead this kind of publicity. After all, one of our many goals is to bring history to people.

On the whole I believe the event to have been a good success. I am going to personally thank the professor again for being quite generous in his allotment of class time (45 minutes turned into 2 hours) and his great effort in getting the permission of the department for steel swords to be brought to class for demonstration purposes.
Lessons were learned for future endeavors such as this one and any future talk I am a part of will be even better for the sake of the experience of this one.

I want to give particular shout outs to:
RJ for taking pictures and lending his staff and Tinker
Dylan for carrying equipment to the class, lending his rapier and for being the target in demonstrative plays
Jonathan for his expertise on the sword and buckler and demonstrating it
Jason for his demonstration of the mordtschlag technique and helpfulness in fielding questions outside my knowledge base
Brian for taking the sign up sheet and bringing the Zombie Apocalypse fliers

Thanks again everyone. It wouldn't have been possible without you. :D
Last edited by Myles Cupp on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lifetime HEMAA Member
Kron Martial Arts, CA
Psalm 119:89
"For we all acknowledge that it is with the sword that Kingdoms are protected, Religions are defended, injuries are avenged and Nations achieve peace and happiness."
Salvator Fabris, 1606

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: March 23rd Classroom Presentation

Postby RJ McKeehan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:39 am

Here are the photos taken from that event along with club sparring. Enjoy! http://rjmckeehanphoto.com/kronpresentation
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:27 am

Hey, RJ. I'd like to post some of your photos of us over on our Facebook group. Is that cool with you?
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Yeah I'm totally cool with that. Typically the only thing I ask is that you put in the comment that I took it or something like that. If you tell me which ones you want I can make you up a .zip file of just those so it's easier to post them... otherwise you can copy them in whatever crazy way you can figure out. My website is made to prevent picture stealing. :P
RJ McKeehan

Camden

Postby Camden » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:32 pm

Heh...

Got all my images... hacked the site in about 10 min. ;)

-Camden

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:27 am

Camden regardless of what you think... unless your images are 3959*2639 pixels in size, you didn't get the pictures. ;) If you did let me know so I can inform them.
RJ McKeehan

Camden

Postby Camden » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:58 am

I can only grab what I can see unfortunately until I can somehow get into the FTP. If you were to show those huge images, I'd be able to get them.

-Camden

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:00 pm

I can't even link to them for you guys. I could give you the URL and you wouldn't be able to access it. ;)
RJ McKeehan

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:21 pm

I was just going to take screen shots. I don't need massive sizes since it's for the web anyway. And I'll probably post notes on each saying that they're yours. Or I can photoedit them and add a think bar at the bottom with your name, like a white bar below the photo. I'll make sure you get credit.

Jason
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 am

Lol I wouldn't give you giant images, but it would be easier than screenshotting them.
RJ McKeehan

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”