CombatCon

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.
Camden

CombatCon

Postby Camden » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Combatcon is a convention in Las Vegas in June 24 to 26

From the website:

CombatCon brings you some of the most highly skilled and highly respected Western Martial Arts instructors in the world. If you’re coming to WMA for the first time, or if you’ve been a long-time student, we’ll have something for you. Come learn, practice, train, share, and enjoy. You won’t be disappointed.

Sample Classes:
Leveraging Your Assets: Principles of Leverage in Armed and Unarmed Combat
The basic Physics principles of the fulcrum and lever have been applied in combat since people first began to fight. Throughout the centuries, these basic principles have been explored, tested, fine-tuned, and further developed to a point where sophisticated systems have independently evolved in every corner of the world. This course will explore both the known and not-so-known combative applications that can be derived through the use of basic physics.

Fiore Survived Six Armed Combats, Would You?
This class will focus on Fiore dei Liberi’s system. Participants will examine the proper order and action of the fight through an examination of his book “Fior di Bataglia.” The treatise provides a consistent system of self-defense with principles that can be used unarmed, or with any weapon that may be at hand.

Spanish Rapier vs Italian Rapier
This class will cover some universal concepts as they are applied with the rapier which are applicable to either school of fencing. Moreover we will cover how some of these concepts are uniquely applied within each system using specific techniques typical of each school against the other respectively. The class will culminate in how to use each school effectively against the other.

Link:
http://thecombatcon.com/
Last edited by Camden on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Myles Cupp
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: CombatCon

Postby Myles Cupp » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Link? Info? Details? Specifics?

Come on Camden, gimme something to work with. ;)
Lifetime HEMAA Member
Kron Martial Arts, CA
Psalm 119:89
"For we all acknowledge that it is with the sword that Kingdoms are protected, Religions are defended, injuries are avenged and Nations achieve peace and happiness."
Salvator Fabris, 1606

Ryan O'Connell

Postby Ryan O'Connell » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:40 pm

If I am still in California then, or have that weekend free, I would like to go.
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
"For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of
the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds." 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 ESV

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Looks like an interesting and exciting event. However, I feel that posting up a let me google that for you link for an event that you're asking others to go to is very immature. You should have given a short summary and provided a link to their website. In the future try to be a little more professional about things on the Kron forums please?
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Peter Hoff
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Peter Hoff » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm definitely interested, but I will have to see what arrangements can be made for my daughter (and make sure I won't be in Montana at that time).

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Jonathan and I have discussed going to this as well. It's actually essentially the old ISMAC event repackaged. However, I know that Lee Smith, Steaphen Fick, and Lopez Cardozo will be there. Good enough for me--zombie cage fighting notwithstanding, those guys plus us equals a HEMA event. Even if we only do a handful of the classes proper, we'll be able to do our own event on the side with those guys. And trust me, you guys who want to do rapier need to let Lee Smith pwn the crap out of you. Because trust me, he will--as will his wife....and pretty much all of his students.....

Jason
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks Camden, I appreciate the information.
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Sean C

Postby Sean C » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:23 am

ISMAC? You mean "The International Sewing Machine Collectors Society"? (http://www.ismacs.net/home.html). Huh. I never knew you could kill with antique sewing machines.

Jake Norwood

Postby Jake Norwood » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:29 am

It's easier with the antiques. They're heavier.
Jake Norwood
Capital KDF
xKDF Network
YouTube Channel: DerAltenFechter

Jake Norwood

Postby Jake Norwood » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:35 am

BTW, can anybody get the tourney rules? The links on the page (http://www.swordtournament.com/index_files/Page1289.htm) don't work for me.

Jake
Jake Norwood
Capital KDF
xKDF Network
YouTube Channel: DerAltenFechter

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”