Greetings

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.
william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Greetings

Postby william_cain_iii » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:30 pm

Well, I'll be moving to Apple Valley, California come this October, and I've been told that I really should make time to try and train with everyone at Kron Martial Arts.

I was just wondering, what format does KMA follow? Does one pay for classes/membership? If so, how much? Also, what are the equipment requirements/recommendations for the group?

As yet I have one Little Raven longsword waster, and will shortly have a Tinker Pearce longsword blunt. No sharps, though I will probably be having at least one cutting practice before I come on out, with our local teacher here in NC.

Any recommendations for what specific things to study and what to get together when I have the money would be vastly appreciated.

I look forward to meeting everyone at KMA when I come out!

regards,

William Cain
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

Jason Taylor

Re: Greetings

Postby Jason Taylor » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 am

Hi William,

Sure glad to hear you're planning on coming by to train with us. Too bad you'll be a bit of a drive out, but hopefully you can become semi-regular.

Membership in Kron is dues based, at $52 a year ($1/week). If you want to come to individual sessions, though, it's five dollars for a single training day, which might work better for you if you can't make it too frequently. As long as you can make 10 classes/year, though, you're pretty much better off with a full membership. All the money remains in the hands of the club, so we can vote how to spend it (bringing in instructors, group equipment, subsidizing trips, buying manuals, whatever). It doesn't go to me or to Jonathan or anybody else in an official position within KMA.

As for equipment, the minimum is really just a wooden waster, which you already have. We use a lot of the new Rawlings sparring line for sparring and once in a while for drilling. We also use a lot of synthetics in general for their durability. As for protective gear, we usually use fencing masks, lacrosse gloves, and cups, but if you have more, that's fine (I wear riot gear leggings for some sparring).

Let me know if you have any questions I missed. Hope to see you soon! When exactly do you move?

Jason
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Greetings

Postby william_cain_iii » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:05 pm

I set out of here October 1st. Should take me about a week to get there given the route I've selected.

I figure after that, at least a week or so to get properly settled in at the new house and job before I can really devote time to visiting new people, of course.
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”