LOTEL

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.
william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

LOTEL

Postby william_cain_iii » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:04 pm

I just received my copy of Heslop and Bradak's Lessons on the English Longsword.

When I come out to California, would anyone at the club be interested in borrowing it? If someone's already ordered it I understand my offer is basically meaningless, but I figured I'd put the idea out there.

Regards,

William Cain
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

Peter Hoff
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: LOTEL

Postby Peter Hoff » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:49 pm

I may be interested, but it depends on my living situation. A 75 mile commute doesn't leave much time for manuals, unfortunately. Hopefully that will get fixed soon.

If there are specific techniques you want to practice, just bring it to a meeting. We've had a few meetings that were purely going through one or two pages of a manual.

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Hey William,

I'd love to at least leaf through it. I'm slowly collecting manuals and instructional materials into a mini-library, so I do want to know if I should include it on my list of "stuff I would buy if I were less poor than I actually am so I should wait until somebody give me a gift card or something" books. :)

But yes, bring it to a practice with some idea of what you want to look at.

On that note, when is your move? It's imminent, right?

Also, I'm curious as you read through LOTEL about what you see in comparison with the other systems of longsword you've looked at? Is it way different? (I've heard the changes from, for example, KdF, are significant.

Thanks. Lo9oking forward to meeting up with you, and thanks for the offer!

Jason
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby william_cain_iii » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:50 pm

My move has begun!

I write this missive from a motel in Alabama.
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”