Youtube Video Discussions

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.
John Hunt

Youtube Video Discussions

Postby John Hunt » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:45 pm

Hello Everyone,
Jonathan, I know you said that one of the reasons for this forum was to discuss videos we found on Youtube. Here is one that I am interested in. It seems to be Italian, not German. However, I was still interesed in the combination. ... re=related

The purpose of this topic is not just youtube videos, but any links of interest that people find. Perhaps if we post things of interest we might end up learning them at club meetings?

HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Youtube Video Discussions

Postby william_cain_iii » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:50 pm

When the drill switches to the guy on the right - his strike to set aside the blow to his head seems very similar to a krumphau. The body language does anyway.
Do right, there is nothing else.

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:29 pm

The second and third responses are fairly elementary Ringen Am Schwert (even though it's Italian here). The first one is hard to see. After the change, it looks like he meets the cut with the flat and pushes it down and to the attacker's left, but then follows up and strikers to his opponent's right ear, which is kind of hard to figure out at this angle. Maybe we should post this one on the main martial techniques and scholarship forum to get some more Italian-minded people to help us identify these techniques.

Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

Ryan O'Connell

Postby Ryan O'Connell » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:00 pm

I think I may have posted this on the ning group a while ago but I remember going through it over and over (and over and over). Obviously this is a drill that shows the viewer the same progression from both sides, so while the fourth response (defender arm wrap) on the first set is obscured, the fourth response on the second set is much more clear because it is the same progression.
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
"For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of
the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds." 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 ESV

Peter Hoff
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Peter Hoff » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:28 pm

I recognize all the plays except the 4th as things we've done previously. No reason we can't do any of those again since we have a substantial amount of new blood now. I don't think I've seen that arm wrap in the 4th play before, but I'm fairly certain I could work it out if anyone's interested. Unfortunately the entry is obscured both times, but that's just a biomechanics problem. There are only so many ways you can do it.

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”