Messer Study Group

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.
Peter Hoff
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Messer Study Group

Postby Peter Hoff » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:34 pm

I think it would be easy enough to make a wooden messer waster. All I'd need is a jigsaw, and maybe a router, roto-tool, or slave willing to do a lot of sanding to round off the edges. I believe the same tools would work for nylon. I already plan to buy a jigsaw. If someone finds a good deal on a router, or has one I can borrow, then I believe we'd be in business. I already plan to reproduce whatever is inside of the leather dussacks whenever John Knoch takes the one apart that he has. The tools should be pretty much the same.

Myles Cupp
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Myles Cupp » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Yes, I think we need a messer made from more substantial wood than the kind I took a risk with and bought. One of them broke at the cross and handle after just a few minutes of moderate sparring. I can glue it back together I guess but those cutlasses are only good for drill work, and even then they are very light for that if that's all they will be used for.
Lifetime HEMAA Member
Kron Martial Arts, CA
Psalm 119:89
"For we all acknowledge that it is with the sword that Kingdoms are protected, Religions are defended, injuries are avenged and Nations achieve peace and happiness."
Salvator Fabris, 1606

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:55 pm

I say I bring my steel machete back, grind the blade into a squared off blunt, wrap it in foam and tape, and battle! Haha jk.
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Myles Cupp
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Myles Cupp » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 pm

I thought this thread deserves a bit of an update since one of our members, Jeremy, has graciously donated SIX wooden dussacks to the club equipment coffers. Let the dussacking begin!
Lifetime HEMAA Member
Kron Martial Arts, CA
Psalm 119:89
"For we all acknowledge that it is with the sword that Kingdoms are protected, Religions are defended, injuries are avenged and Nations achieve peace and happiness."
Salvator Fabris, 1606

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”