KMA Apple Valley

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.
william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

KMA Apple Valley

Postby william_cain_iii » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:25 pm

So I'm pleased to announce I've met up with some local folks who seem to be interested in learning the art of the longsword. It seems my efforts to build up an Apple Valley chapter of KMA are proceeding apace!

We'll be meeting on Saturday to start up some basics of German longsword, footwork, and the like. I must say I'm pretty excited. I hope I can get Jonathan and Jason up here at some point to help out with the starter class stuff.
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: KMA Apple Valley

Postby RJ McKeehan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:24 pm

That's great to hear William! Maybe this will allow us to have bigger events, such as cutting parties and video lessons from out of state or county professionals. If I have a free weekend I might come up in the future just to check it out. You probably won't want to hold them on saturdays since it will conflict with our meetings at Johnathans house.
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:53 pm

Great news! This is part of our ultimate objective of world domination for KMA, after all. :)

I'd say do Saturdays, or whatever day that suits your class. Your group is so far away that we're not going to see a whole lot of crossover attendance, anyway, except once in a while, in which case we might make a special joint kron event out of it. It's important to have enough regular attendance to keep things stable.

Jonathan and I will be happy to come up and help you start up. We'll have to arrange a day that works for all of us and your guys.

Any chance any of them are college students?

Jason
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby william_cain_iii » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:21 pm

Fraid not, both seem to be well out of college. They race cars!
myself

Ryan O'Connell

Postby Ryan O'Connell » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Keep me posted and I will do my best to try and make it to meetings and help where I can.
"For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of
the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds." 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 ESV

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby william_cain_iii » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:04 pm

Bit short notice, but we're meeting tomorrow afternoon around 1pm for some intro level Liechtenauer stuff.
myself

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby william_cain_iii » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:51 am

First lesson today. Going to cover basic body mechanics, divisions of the sword, and the stuff leading up to the Zornhau plays in Von Danzig. This is my first experiment with using the Liechtenauer verses in order as a teaching pedagogy (idea stolen from the Great Plains Fechtschule and Jessica Finley).

Lesson's in two hours, anyone's welcome to come though I'm aware it may be a bit last-minute for folks.
myself

Ryan O'Connell

Postby Ryan O'Connell » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:02 am

Short notice indeed. Like I said, keep me posted and will do what I can to come out and help, given enough time to see if I am not working or can get a shift covered, or have nothing else pressing on that day.
"For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of
the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds." 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 ESV

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby william_cain_iii » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:10 am

Saturday seems to be the standard day for these guys, they work 9-5s during the week and by the time they're off work there's no time to train because the light's failed and we don't have indoor accommodations. That said, I will try to get them to come with to the cutting practice to at least get to know everyone and practice other techniques while folk are practicing their cuts.
myself

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby william_cain_iii » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Well, that was disappointing.

Waited around an hour, and nobody showed, called, or answered my calls.
myself

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”