KMA Group Flourysh Project

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.
william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

KMA Group Flourysh Project

Postby william_cain_iii » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:28 am

This idea came to me in the Messer group thread, and I was considering starting it for Longsword as well.

The basic idea is this: we build a cooperative group flourysh based on a Dark Player (imaginary opponent) facing us. Each participant comes up with an idea, then 'tags' the next person they think should come up with another stroke. If possible, describe the conditions under which this occurs; for example, begin by describing your strike and what happens if it succeeds. Then describe the counter your enemy makes, so your 'tag' partner knows under what terms to begin. Where possible, use appropriate terms. German is our default, but since some of us study Fabris for example, use what terms you feel appropriate and we'll interpret them into the standard methodology.

The goal is to come up with a flourysh that we can use for solo practice and demonstrations.

As the idea man, I'll start it off.

Begin the flourysh by brandishing your sword with spirit, giving a war cry to cause your foe to quail.

Take your ground in Alber (the fool), with your foe before you. Spring forward with a thrust to langen ort (longpoint), taking his heart.

If he parries, it is by setting your blow aside to his left/your right from the Pflug.

Dylan, TAG.
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

Jonathan Mayshar

Re: KMA Group Flourysh Project

Postby Jonathan Mayshar » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:34 am

This all sounds very dramatic. Especially the part where you turn your opponent into a quail.
Jonathan Mayshar
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: KMA Group Flourysh Project

Postby william_cain_iii » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Yeah, it's important to use the proper mutieren. That means transmute, right?
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”