Tinker Pearce Trainer is on sale right now

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.
RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Tinker Pearce Trainer is on sale right now

Postby RJ McKeehan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:46 pm

For those of you looking to get a sword for Christmas, this is the one William recommended me... and it's usually 150 or 160, but right now it's on sale for 120... so maybe you should ask your parent/significant other now!

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp ... +Longsword

And if you're worried that there won't be other steel to have like on like, I'm expecting to get it for christmas, Pete said he's probably going to pick it up, Will has one, Johnathan owns one, and I know one other member is getting a steel longsword... and Dylan will have a steel rapier. The more members we can get with steel, the better in my opinion.
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Tinker Pearce Trainer is on sale right now

Postby william_cain_iii » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Splendid sword.

Just make sure if you get it you go to wal mart and get a sham rag, some rem oil, and some coarse grain car sandpaper. you'll need them all eventually.
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby william_cain_iii » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Just a thing though, everyone keep track of their steel. It can be...interesting when everyone has the same trainer.
myself

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 am

Yeah that could be interesting. You already have the roughed up pommel to tell yours apart... I'll just probably make a black dot in sharpie or something silly...
RJ McKeehan

Myles Cupp
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Myles Cupp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:52 pm

So I believe I will take the plunge and have this be my Xmas present (instead of a rapier). Any objections before I place the order?

I ask because I could only get one steel sword for a while and whatever I get I want to make sure its worthwhile. I've handled William's Tinker and I liked it, but what do our noble instructors think?
Lifetime HEMAA Member
Kron Martial Arts, CA
Psalm 119:89
"For we all acknowledge that it is with the sword that Kingdoms are protected, Religions are defended, injuries are avenged and Nations achieve peace and happiness."
Salvator Fabris, 1606

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:36 pm

I think it's a great sword for anyone looking for an entry-level steel trainer. Myles, like I said on the phone, it's a good buy. Must be aware that after a while things on the handle may loosen up and start to rattle, though I'm sure there's a fix for that somewhere out there. Do make plans to get something to mark it as your with, though. Maybe tape the pommel or somesuch.

Jason
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:58 pm

YES! Oh man our club is going to look sooo epic after Winter break with so many steel swords being used. :) Especially in press drill and stuff it's going to feel way better. Plus as a bonus people like Myles and I will be able to loan out our Rawlings' wasters for others to use so we shouldn't run out of swords anymore.
RJ McKeehan

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby william_cain_iii » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Tinker said if you send him back the original handle he can 'upgrade' it for 50 bucks. Kind of a future thing, not an immediate one, but something I thought was kinda cool.

The tinkers are hex-nut fixed and come with an alan wrench so some basic tightening should amend most problems with the thing rattling around.

What we'll need to do is get some leather/rubber blunts and tape them over the end if we ever start doing harder bouting with them.
myself

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”