Kron Painball/Airsoft day(s)?

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.

Would you want to have a lesson or several on gunfighting using paintball and/or airsoft guns?

Yes, but only with Airsoft.
45%
Yes, but only with paintball.
No votes
Yes, and format doesn't matter.
55%
No, Call of Duty taught me all I wanted to know about gunfighting.
No votes

Total votes: 11

Brian Frick
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Kron Painball/Airsoft day(s)?

Postby Brian Frick » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm

I prefer airsoft, but at the price I think that everyone's willing to pay, it'd be springers all around. Can you/how much is it to rent a paintball gun at the field, and would it be worth it over pinging each other with $20 pistols?

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Dylan Asbury wrote:Well, you're not really gonna learn much about real weapon operation from paintball or airsoft

Alas--I was hoping some of the easy stuff (clips, safeties, etc) would at least be in the right place. Naturally anything relating to cartridges are out. I was also thinking the sight use/target acquisition/whatever might be similar (though the tacts less so, as you said) with airsoft.

It's looking like the airsoft is becoming the way to go, since most people don't care, but a couple want to do only airsoft.

We should talk about this at the DTM.

Jason
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Brian Frick wrote:I prefer airsoft, but at the price I think that everyone's willing to pay, it'd be springers all around. Can you/how much is it to rent a paintball gun at the field, and would it be worth it over pinging each other with $20 pistols?

I'd personally probably invest in a blowback gas-powered semiauto handgun, since it's something I can use for women's self defense and general personal protection teaching anyway (after all, it's as realistic as I can get without going actual handguns with primer-only rubber bullets or simunitions, and I ain't investing in that). But it also depends on my finances at the time. And I don't expect anyone else to do the same, really.

Jason

Dylan Asbury

Postby Dylan Asbury » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Oh, you can learn about sight picture and target acquisition, I thought you were talking about stuff like cleaning and assembling

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Oh, no, those were more the things I was referring to--sight picture and target acquisition being a couple about which I have a fuzzy concept. I was also thinking, like I said, about the safeties and clip changes and such, since the really realistic ones might have had those in the right places. Not sure, though.

Jason

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Yeah you can learn all of that stuff from airsoft. If you want a GOOD gas blowback pistol you'll be looking at around $100... although I'm sure there are some available for cheaper. Spring powered ones are very cheap and you can be fast enough with them that you're not at TOO much of a disadvantage. I won't be at the DTM to discuss but I think Dylan's got it covered as far as how airsoft works ;)
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Jason Taylor

Kron Modern Warfare

Postby Jason Taylor » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:06 am

If you're looking for an inexpensive option, pump shotguns are fairly readily available and don't fire much differently than most of the rifles you could get. In fact, I found several that fire single BBs and pump with both hands on the weapon, which makes it a fairly good substitute rifle. Also, many of them cost less than spring pistols at Big 5. Here are three I found for around $20:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2912
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7282
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7707

And one more realistic for 60 or 70

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=3132

So it's quite possible we could outfit fairly well for cheap and still have the basic rifley shape to work with without the awkward two-hand spring-cocking grip of one of the crappy pistols.

Jason

Dylan Asbury

Postby Dylan Asbury » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Yeah, I dig the shotgun design. It'd be a lot more fluid than springer pistols.It would suck a lot less.

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Dylan, Here's the M4 I was looking at. Probably won't buy it at this price, but I was wondering if it looked realistic to you. The second review is the most useful one, so far as I can tell.

Jason

william_cain_iii
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby william_cain_iii » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:22 am

Wow, an invisible M4. That would be a really useful trick for special ops teams! ;)
Do right, there is nothing else.
myself

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”