Kron Painball/Airsoft day(s)?

For internal business and projects of Kron Martial Arts. Non-Kron users are welcome to post relevant material.

Would you want to have a lesson or several on gunfighting using paintball and/or airsoft guns?

Yes, but only with Airsoft.
45%
Yes, but only with paintball.
No votes
Yes, and format doesn't matter.
55%
No, Call of Duty taught me all I wanted to know about gunfighting.
No votes

Total votes: 11

Jason Taylor

Re: Kron Painball/Airsoft day(s)?

Postby Jason Taylor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 am

Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

Eamon Sheehy

Postby Eamon Sheehy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:21 pm

This looks awesome! I have an airsoft rifle (as does my brother) and we have been looking for somewhere to play at and people to do it with. Kinda stuck firing in a desert and backyard right now. :/

As a primary I own the G36K with scope (by JG). Nice rifle and it is really powerful. :D

For the M4: Don't do King Arms. They make mediocre ammunition clips but for the most part they are not that good. That and gas weaponry is a bit of a pain to constantly keep on top of. AEG is the best (and cheapest) way to go since you won't have to keep buying gas to keep your gun working.

I also buy from Evike. Great company based in So. Cali and they are really good when ordering on-line from them. (I say on-line because I have some friends who have gone to the store and have despised the service).

What type of weapon are you interested in? M4s, M14s, M16s, HK416s, P90s, AKs, MP5s, Sniper Rifles, shotguns, LMGs, AUGs? And what is your ideal price that you are willing to spend?

The three companies I (personally) trust to buy Airsoft weapons from are: Matrix, JG, and Echo1. They have never disappointed me and my brothers/friends on weapons.

RJ McKeehan
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby RJ McKeehan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Alternately I'd highly recommend going to http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/ind ... chapter=10 it's in Torrance and its' where I bought my AEG. They let you handle and test any gun you want to try out first, and if there's anything wrong with it you can bring it in and they'll fix it for you (or do upgrades).

Buyer beware on any airsoft gun thats under... ehh $150ish. They will work, and you will have fun... but they also WILL break. They'll last pretty long if you're careful with them, but if you're violent or use too much muscle on them a lot of times pieces will break off.

Considering we're not looking to do this on a really regular basis yet though, cheap guns will work.
RJ McKeehan
South Coast Swords, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Liam the Nomad

Postby Liam the Nomad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 am

I can't stress how important it is to use airsoft/paintball sanctioned goggles. Just 'any kind of goggles' will probably shatter under 330+ FPS shots (That's actually kinda weak for an airsoft gun; most fire at 350-450). Full-face guards are also a good idea. However, as you all probably know, full face masks prevent the use of sights. That's why I highly recommend these:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_154&products_id=30226

They are essentially goggles with an 'iron-face'; a close-fitting mask that will let you use scopes and other sights easily.

As personal preference, I prefer airsoft as it is incredibly cheaper and a might more realistic (In terms of weaponry) than paintball. They are also effective at ranges much farther than that of paintball; which could broaden our range from urban and room-clearing to forest and desert arenas.

As far as reliable but cheap AEGs go, I highly recommend JG (http://www.airsoftpost.com/index.php?cPath=21_44_222&sort=5a&filter_id=). My brother and I have both bought our weaponry from them and can vouch for their G36k and G36c model rifles ($145 and $125 respectively). Other rifles also contain user reviews, and I'd recommend YouTubing other reviews to see your rifle of choice in action.

The site I linked, Evike, is also really good for online-buying only. Using basic shipping, you'll get your equipment in about 3 days (They are So. Cal. based, which is why). AirsoftGI is also really good, with free shipping over $100 or so, and take about 3-4 days to get your equipment to you. I personally prefer Evike because they have a larger selection of equipment as well as rifles, but they take, literally, years to restock on some of their weapons.
"Hark, sirrah! I am but a quivering mass of gelatin in the face of your good fortune!"

Myles Cupp
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Myles Cupp » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Good news for Kron Modern Warfare. I purchased 24 vouchers good for a whole year at a local paintball arena. This voucher includes all the equipment except ammo for an entire day of play. :P
Lifetime HEMAA Member
Kron Martial Arts, CA
Psalm 119:89
"For we all acknowledge that it is with the sword that Kingdoms are protected, Religions are defended, injuries are avenged and Nations achieve peace and happiness."
Salvator Fabris, 1606

Return to “Kron Martial Arts”