Marozzo's Dagger Prese

NoVA-Assalto is an organization based in Northern Virginia with the goal of organizing events and information involving 16th century Bolognese swordsmanship.
Steven Reich
HEMA Alliance Member

Marozzo's Dagger Prese

Postby Steven Reich » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:34 am

Although they are pretty much self-explanatory with just the images, I have put up a "summary translation" of Marozzo's Dagger Prese in a PDF formatted to print out into a booklet of 16 total pages. This includes all of the images cleaned up somewhat.

You can download them here:
Marozzo's Dagger Prese

As a general note, keep you eye on the extracts page on my site, as I put PDF documents there as I extract and/or compile material...

Steve
Founder of NoVA-Assalto

Jonathan Scott
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Marozzo's Dagger Prese

Postby Jonathan Scott » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:56 am

I know this is a crazy late reply, but let me just say that this is an excellent resource for these techniques! If I have your permission to use your summary, I'm going to go over these with Jay, see if there are any tweaks to be made from our first interpretations, and we'll see if we can get a video posted of most of the prese (perhaps excepting a couple that are difficult or dangerous throws, and the two dagger to dagger prese)! We should hopefully have something done by the end of the month.

-Jonathan S., Meyer Freifechter Guild in Tallahassee-

Steven Reich
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Marozzo's Dagger Prese

Postby Steven Reich » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:01 am

Jonathan Scott wrote:I know this is a crazy late reply, but let me just say that this is an excellent resource for these techniques! If I have your permission to use your summary, I'm going to go over these with Jay, see if there are any tweaks to be made from our first interpretations, and we'll see if we can get a video posted of most of the prese (perhaps excepting a couple that are difficult or dangerous throws, and the two dagger to dagger prese)! We should hopefully have something done by the end of the month.

Absolutely! I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Steve
Founder of NoVA-Assalto

Return to “NoVA-Assalto”