Study Aids

This forum is designated for discussions among True Edge Academy members. Non-True Edge posters are also welcome to participate herein. Note: The E-list remains the method for official internal communication and announcements.
Nathan

Study Aids

Postby Nathan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:07 pm

I've had this thought several times while trying to reconstrust/remember at home what we'd gone over in class. Has anyone ever thought to do video documentation of the forms, cuts, etc.? Is it reticence to be filmed period, or are there other reasons why this might not be welcome?

It would be so easy, and potentially helpful by why of practice to pull out a little flip camcorder to record these things, just to reinforce the correct technique.

Thoughts on this...

Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Project Director

Re: Study Aids

Postby Michael Chidester » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Most of this content is available in written form on the Phase 1 Study Sheet. The mastercut content is on the Phase 2 Study Sheet. You can download both at the google group site.

As far as video goes, we don't have a problem with it, but we generally don't have cameras available or people to man them, so video doesn't get took. Eventually, most of our drills will be available on the DVD we're working on.
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Insquequo omnes gratuiti fiunt

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:53 pm

I hadn't heard about the DVD. That will be cool. It's mainly the little components of what kind of pressure is applied, and where the final position is. For example, I was trying to go over the Zornhau again with my brother, and never felt like I was hitting it right, despite adhering to the phase 2 instructions and memory as best as I could. A video reference would give that final confirmation of what I was doing for out of class practice.

W.T.Heinz

Postby W.T.Heinz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:28 pm

any word on when it will be out?
Wayne Tiberius Heinz

Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.--Marcus Aurelius

Iron Crown KDF

Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Project Director

Postby Michael Chidester » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:18 pm

It's turned into a more expensive proposition than we initially projected. We've tabled it for the moment until we get a few other projects settled.
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Insquequo omnes gratuiti fiunt

Return to “True Edge Academy”