Re-formatting...of sorts

For internal business and projects of Abingdon Historical Combat. Others are welcome to post relevant material.
Will Adamson
HEMA Alliance Member

Re-formatting...of sorts

Postby Will Adamson » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:14 am

In the past year or so Abingdon Historical Combat has not been operating as it was since the formation of the HEMA Alliance because of a loss of membership to the point that we could no longer pay for the great space we used at Western Masters Martial Arts. However, we have been meeting intermittently at Emory & Henry College.

With the school year now in full swing, and the help of the NYT article, there is quite a bit of interest in regular training at the college. Unfortunately, this makes training for those not associated with the college problematic. But the facility is free. Training is currently 1-2pm on Fridays. This schedule will be altered if there is sufficient interest. There has even been talk of an on-campus HEMA club.

There has also been some interest from home-school families not too far away, but the location will likely need to be in Bristol, TN/VA. Once I can secure a facility we will start training there with a focus on the youth program. Schedule will depend on the facility arrangement, and my own time.

So, the name may change, and may even be two entities. To the best of my ability...there will be HEMA in far southwest Virginia!
"Is this legal?"
"I dunno, it's fun though."

JC Oakley

Re: Re-formatting...of sorts

Postby JC Oakley » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Hey Will. I wish I could have been able to come to Abingdon and E&H. I enjoyed the class I was able to make. But that turned out to be an hour and 45 minute drive. I'll be following very closely any Bristol developments. I

Return to “Abingdon Historical Combat”