*Need a Wiktenauer Logo

Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Project Director

*Need a Wiktenauer Logo

Postby Michael Chidester » Sat May 28, 2011 6:41 pm

The current Wiktenauer logo is something Ben Michels just threw together at the start of the project. Unfortunately, as the rest of the site has grown more complex and polished, the logo has not. At this point, I'm sick of looking at it (from a practical point of view, it doesn't scale well either).

Do we have anyone experienced in graphic design among the HEMA Alliance? As this is a purely volunteer project, all that we can offer you in compensation is glory and prestige. (And if you submit a concept that needs high-res manual images that aren't publicly available, I'm quite willing to supply them to you as well.)

The image that Ben used for his logo, for the record, is this one: http://wiktenauer.com/w/images/f/f7/Cod.44.A.8_2v.jpg
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Insquequo omnes gratuiti fiunt

KeithFarrell

Re: Need a Wiktenauer Logo*

Postby KeithFarrell » Sun May 29, 2011 5:13 am

Triquetra Services (Scotland) and its division the Academy of Historical Arts are not HEMA Alliance members, but my colleague Ben Kerr is a very skilled graphical designer and would be more than happy to contribute his abilities towards the Wiktenauer. It would be our pleasure to contribute something IT and corporate towards the Wiktenauer as many of our members use it on a regular basis, and because contributing towards it meets many of our charitable aims and objectives.

If you would like to speak to Ben about this in more detail, PM me and I will provide his email address for you :-)
-- Keith Farrell --
Academy of Historical Arts: website Facebook blog
Fallen Rook Publishing: website Facebook

Michael Chidester

Postby Michael Chidester » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Since I've gotten a few different responses from talented people at this point, if one of the offerings doesn't amaze me I think I'll put them up here when they're down and let people vote.

If anyone else would like to get involved, it will still be a few weeks before people finish.
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Michael Chidester

Postby Michael Chidester » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:18 pm

We've decided to go with John Harmston's entry for the present.
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Return to “Wiktenauer Discussion Forum”