Well, a small report on our activities in this beginning of 2013.
We are so far around 10 active members with peaks of 15-16.
We are now focusing on:
- Introduction to Abrazar (break falls and first grappling techinques from the first 20 folios of "Flos").
- Spada sola techniques (Marozzo, Manciolino)
- Introduction to longsword (Fiore, Lichtenauer's KDF tradition)
- Experiments on sword&shield (even if not completly philological the HEMA way, we are studying how techniques in sword&shield could have taken place in the Norman way). This is based on iconographical sources and on (it is far-fetched, but HEMAs are also based on fun and experimental researches after all) on buckler and targa later sources.
In the future we are also going to work intensely on the I.33
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Alberto B.
- HEMA Alliance Member
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:32 am
- Location: Naples, Italy.