Using Steel

For internal business and projects of The UCSA. Others are welcome to post relevant material.
Jordan Hinckley
HEMA Alliance Member

Using Steel

Postby Jordan Hinckley » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:41 am

As I understand it we are limiting the use of steel in free sparring and ring matches to people who have the following equipment:
Jacket or Gabeson of some kind
Knee protection
Shin Protection
Elbow protection
Mask, preferably with back of the head protection
Gloves preferably with fingertip protection

We have a pair of Regenyei's Feder's in Division 1 to spar with but are limiting their use to those in sufficient protection as without it things can get broken a lot easier than with synthetics or wood.
As for Competition we have gotten the approval to fight with them as long as both fighters have the correct protection and agree on it. If neither person has it, or if both do and do not agree, they will not be used.

This does not mean that you cannot handle them or drill with them in class, but it means nothing more than slow speed drilling will happen with them unless you have the right amount of protection.
Last edited by Jordan Hinckley on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment." The Mouse that Roared by Leonard Wibberley

Re: Using Steel

Postby Beroulga » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:28 am

Just a thing, I should have steel worthy gloves by the time I get there for competition. I'm very excited by that. I never really to to try them out at speed.

Return to “United Clans Swordsman Association”