HEMA Alliance Patches

Historical arms and armor, as well as modern replicas and HEMA training gear (including new books and DVDS), are reviewed and discussed herein.
John Harmston
Site Admin

Re: HEMA Alliance Patches

Postby John Harmston » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:10 am

Yes, thanks for the great artwork.
John Harmston
Senior Instructor - True Edge Academy
HEMA Alliance Forum Admin
Lifetime Member, HEMA Alliance

Jayson May
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Jayson May » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Got my patches in today.

They look awesome.
Now it is time to start sewing them on to everything I own.
Jayson May
Fechter
Meyer Freifechter Verein von Zentral-Texas

This can well and properly be divided into three main parts, namely the beginning, the middle, and the end.
J. Meyer

C. VanSlambrouck

Postby C. VanSlambrouck » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Got my patches, thanks! they look great. well done.
v/r

Christopher James Van Slambrouck
valsch_ortt@live.com
The Meyer Frei Fechter Guild's Central Illinois Kampf Fechtschule ( CIKF )

John Harmston
Site Admin

Postby John Harmston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:00 am

If you are planning to attend any of the excellent HEMA events planned this year, might I make a suggestion to order your official Alliance patch beforehand and wear it with pride at the events?

T-shirts are also forthcoming...
John Harmston
Senior Instructor - True Edge Academy
HEMA Alliance Forum Admin
Lifetime Member, HEMA Alliance

Jordan Hinckley
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Jordan Hinckley » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 am

At this point I have one on my sword fighting hoodie, with several planned on other things that I wear to class or wear around town. My theory is never be afraid to answer questions about such an intense, focused, and unique course of study and practice.
"Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment." The Mouse that Roared by Leonard Wibberley
http://www.TheUCSA.com

Diogo Teixeira

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Awesome!

Soon as I create a group, i'll afiliate just to have those =P

Odysseus G Osborne

Postby Odysseus G Osborne » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:28 am

I have other patches that are 'iron on' but have not used them because my fencing jacket is made from 100% Polyester. A hot iron would screw it all up I expect. Has anyone ironed these onto a polyester fencing jacket before successfully? The reason I'm asking is that the patches I have here (they are not HEMA patches mind you) are too thick to sew with a needle.

When I get my HEMA patches, will they be easy to pierce with a needle or are they as tough as the few I have here?

Your advice is very precious, as I'd not want to destroy my nice Leon Paul fencing jacket for a $3 patch!

OGO

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby A Froster » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:46 am

Odysseus G Osborne wrote:I have other patches that are 'iron on' but have not used them because my fencing jacket is made from 100% Polyester. A hot iron would screw it all up I expect. Has anyone ironed these onto a polyester fencing jacket before successfully? The reason I'm asking is that the patches I have here (they are not HEMA patches mind you) are too thick to sew with a needle.

When I get my HEMA patches, will they be easy to pierce with a needle or are they as tough as the few I have here?

Your advice is very precious, as I'd not want to destroy my nice Leon Paul fencing jacket for a $3 patch!

OGO

They are not too thick at all and will be easy to sew on as opposed to ironing on. You should have no problem with that.
Opposing trolls and shills everywhere for the betterment of HEMA ( hyperbolically speaking that is) otherwise, welcoming to everyone.

Jordan Hinckley
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Jordan Hinckley » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:05 am

Odysseus G Osborne wrote:I have other patches that are 'iron on' but have not used them because my fencing jacket is made from 100% Polyester. A hot iron would screw it all up I expect. Has anyone ironed these onto a polyester fencing jacket before successfully? The reason I'm asking is that the patches I have here (they are not HEMA patches mind you) are too thick to sew with a needle.

OGO

When I first put mine on I ironed it on, mind you that was on a cotton blend hoodie. After that I stictched it on ant that was definitely doable.
"Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment." The Mouse that Roared by Leonard Wibberley
http://www.TheUCSA.com

ShaunnM.W.

Postby ShaunnM.W. » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:45 pm

We finally got our order, and even having looked at the photos, I was impressed. These were well done!
Rule #12. If you are frightened easily, do not learn fencing.
Andre Paurñfeyndt

http://www.ironcrown.us/

Return to “Equipment”