HEMA Alliance Club Finder

Discuss how to start or run a HEMA club. Also look for HEMA Alliance charter groups or affiliated groups in your area.
A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

HEMA Alliance Club Finder

Postby A Froster » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:05 am

I have been asked by "Harry Tow" to take over administration of the HEMA Alliance Locator Map. Harry is taking a well deserved break to spend more time with his other passion, "Extreme Lepidopterology".

The Worldwide "HEMA Group Finder" is a tool sponsered by the HEMA Alliance sponseredand is availible to all of the HEMA community regardless of affiliation. To find a club near you, zoom in on your region and click the group closest to you. The clubs listed on the map have either an emial, website link or phone number you can use to contact them.

You can register and enter your own group's information (even if it's already listed) . The entry that you add will be editable only by you and the aministrator. If you add a duplicate location, then you should contact Mr. Froster to ask him to delete the old entry on the map. You may also contact me if you like to make changes(harold.tow@gmail.com).

To Make Room for Growth the map has been broken into seven regions. Here is the link to the HEMA Alliance Club Finder.

http://www.communitywalk.com/user/view/81443

North America
Western Europe (West of and Including Germany, Switzerland & Italy)
Eastern Europe (East of Germany, Switzerland & Italy)
Bristish Ilses
Scandinavia & Norden
South America
Australia, New Zealand and Outremer

This post will be subject to continous editing as more groups are added... See the last post in this thread for instruction on adding your information
Last edited by A Froster on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 am, edited 18 times in total.
Opposing trolls and shills everywhere for the betterment of HEMA ( hyperbolically speaking that is) otherwise, welcoming to everyone.

Bill Goodwin
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: HEMA Alliance Locator Map

Postby Bill Goodwin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Excellent work indeed...I'm not very computer savvy....so I'll just wait for you to add our group to it.

Thanks for the work you put into doing this.

cheers,

Bill
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc

co-founder
Roanoke Sword Guilde - Va.

HEMA Alliance Training Member

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby A Froster » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:34 am

Bill,

You are already on the map under "Pan European Study". Let me know if you want any changes
Opposing trolls and shills everywhere for the betterment of HEMA ( hyperbolically speaking that is) otherwise, welcoming to everyone.

Bill Goodwin
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Bill Goodwin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 am

oh..OK thanks!...I was looking under German...

cheers,

Bill
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc

co-founder
Roanoke Sword Guilde - Va.

HEMA Alliance Training Member

Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Project Director

Postby Michael Chidester » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Wouldn't it be more accurate to label the ARMA groups as Pan-European rather than German? That is, after all, the approach that John Clements has been pushing for years now.
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Insquequo omnes gratuiti fiunt

Ken Dietiker
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Ken Dietiker » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:34 pm

I actually just noticed you spelled my name wrong. No biggy, but when you get the chance...
Ken Renaud Dietiker
Owner-Instructor
Seven Swords Academy, Tacoma, WA
-----------------
e: ken.dietiker (at) hemaalliance.com

Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Project Director

Postby Michael Chidester » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 am

Do you have the WMAC groups on here? I ask because I just noticed that Scott Brown's group doesn't seem to be represented.

Also, why are there two maps? Is it because of load times or something?
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Insquequo omnes gratuiti fiunt

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby A Froster » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:36 am

Michael Chidester wrote:Do you have the WMAC groups on here? I ask because I just noticed that Scott Brown's group doesn't seem to be represented.

Also, why are there two maps? Is it because of load times or something?

WMAC groups are most definitely on there. The ones I have put on so far are primarily groups with a web presence or groups (or individuals) with no web presence that I know of through past association. The only reason Scott's group is not on there is because I haven't found his website yet. If he doesn't have one, then I would need him to contact me to give me the information to put on the map. I have actually tried to do a search on his group before, but haven't been able to find anything. I should have asked him in Houston, but he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off and I didn’t want to bother him. There are over five hundred groups and individuals listed on both maps and this is by no means a complete list. I suspect that there would be closer to a thousand groups if I added all those who didn't have a web presence; all those I've missed and all the groups in Eastern Europe (which I haven't gotten to yet). The goal for the project is to have anyone in any town be able to find a HEMA group or individual close to him or her. This IMO makes HEMA accessible to more people resulting in the growth of HEMA overall.

The reason for two maps is indeed, download speed. As HEMA Grows I will have to split it into more regional maps depending on the concentration of groups.

Jason Taylor

Postby Jason Taylor » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:37 am

Hey Al,

I've been running around like a headless chicken myself for a while, so I just checked the map out in detail a couple of days back for the first time. Looks awesome. Very impressive; much better than similar maps I've seen around. Good job.

Jason
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County
HEMA Alliance Founding Member
World-Famous Sickle Authority and General Proponent of all Things Sickle

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby A Froster » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:59 am

Michael Chidester wrote:I just noticed that Scott Brown's group doesn't seem to be represented.

Scott Brown's group is on the map now under "German Study" in Houston. I couldn't find his web site so I just entered what information that I knew and linked it to the WMAC forum.

http://www.communitywalk.com/THE-HEMA-ALLIANCE-Training-Partner-Finder

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”