HEMA Alliance Club Finder

Discuss how to start or run a HEMA club. Also look for HEMA Alliance charter groups or affiliated groups in your area.
StuartFerguson

Re: HEMA Alliance Club Finder

Postby StuartFerguson » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Also, the Academy of Knightly Arts no longer exists.

Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Project Director

Postby Michael Chidester » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:10 pm

Only registered users can edit the wiki.
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Insquequo omnes gratuiti fiunt

Michael-Forest
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Michael-Forest » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:50 pm

I've updated the Athena stuff.

Are you 100% certain that the Academy of Knightly Arts no longer exists, and is not simply undergoing a hiatus?
Michael-Forest Meservy
Noble Science Academy
HEMA Alliance

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby A Froster » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:26 am

Michael-Forest wrote:A note and a couple of questions:

The Italy map's name is "Italia" (being in Italian), but the rest of the maps are all in English. Should not this map also be named in English, for consistency?

Also, could we implement some way of designating HEMA Alliance affiliates on the maps? I think it would be nice for people to see where the Alliance groups are located.

Not true. The Northern European map is in Swedish and the South American Map is in Spanish with Portuguese instructions as well. As the map grows, I expect HEMA hotspots like Germany and Spain to have their own maps too. Since this project was intended to be a resource to help individuals find local clubs, I elected early on to use Native languages whenever possible. This is cumbersome when one of the regional maps encompasses more than one language in which case, I usually default to English.

As far as designating HEMA affiliates, I could add a HEMAA icon to their entry or just create a new icon altogether just for HEMA members. It's up to the council.
Opposing trolls and shills everywhere for the betterment of HEMA ( hyperbolically speaking that is) otherwise, welcoming to everyone.

Personatus

Postby Personatus » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:43 am

Hello, I currently live in WV, USA where there aren't any current HEMA clubs listed. Are there any suggestions on how to get started in HEMA w/o a club nearby?

Ben Jarashow
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Ben Jarashow » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 am

Personatus wrote:Hello, I currently live in WV, USA where there aren't any current HEMA clubs listed. Are there any suggestions on how to get started in HEMA w/o a club nearby?

I guess the map hasn't been updated in a while (correctly?);
Jake is in Martinsburg. I'm not entirely certain where that is in the state, but he's a good guy, and knowledgeable...
https://www.facebook.com/bodyandblade/info
Phone (304) 267-7934
Email jdpriddy@frontier.com
A man with facial hair is often an outright villain. It also scores extra evil points if combined with a shaven head. A goatee is a staple of Evil Twins everywhere.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilTwin

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby A Froster » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:00 am

I guess the map hasn't been updated in a while (correctly?);

Sorry to single you out Ben, but I should make a point of Clarification about your statement above.

The HEMA map was designed to be self editing meaning that indivuals can add and update their own information. The instruction Icon "?" located on most every map says as much. If a group hasn't been added to the map, its because 1) They are not interested ; 2) They can't figure out how to register their email which is required to edit 3) They haven't asked me to add them "which I am glad to do" 4) I am unaware that they exist or 5) They don't want to be found.

One person can't possibly stay on top of all the changes happening on all twelve maps. That's why it's set up to self edit.

Thanks,
The Management
Opposing trolls and shills everywhere for the betterment of HEMA ( hyperbolically speaking that is) otherwise, welcoming to everyone.

Ben Jarashow
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Ben Jarashow » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:07 am

Apologies for being misleading.

Thank you for the clarification - I should have known all that :).
A man with facial hair is often an outright villain. It also scores extra evil points if combined with a shaven head. A goatee is a staple of Evil Twins everywhere.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilTwin

Michael-Forest
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Michael-Forest » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:51 pm

So, I'm thinking that every 3-5 years, someone* should attempt to contact the groups on the map and verify that they're still active and the contact information we have for them is still correct.

Should I attempt this, or is this a terrible idea?

*Volunteering myself for this job, at least this time.
Michael-Forest Meservy
Noble Science Academy
HEMA Alliance

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby A Froster » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks Michael Forest. That would be a huge help. PM me and I'll get you set up as an admin.

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”