Southern Ohio HEMA or Western Martial Arts?

Discuss how to start or run a HEMA club. Also look for HEMA Alliance charter groups or affiliated groups in your area.
Ealdwulf

Southern Ohio HEMA or Western Martial Arts?

Postby Ealdwulf » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:06 am

So I have a friend that lives near Cincinnati and is interested in Longsword. I currently live in Kansas City and have a good group here. Does anyone know of something in the Cincinnati/NKY/Dayton area?

Thanks!

Frank Zamary

Re: Southern Ohio HEMA or Western Martial Arts?

Postby Frank Zamary » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:21 am

While I know that Cincinnati to Columbus is about a 1h 45m drive, we have a group that does longsword, mostly in the German tradition. We meet every Wednesday 6:30-8:30 at Royal Arts Fencing Academy. 5770 Westbourne Ave. Columbus, OH 43213. If you are interested, either contact me at fzamary53@gmail.com or Jaron at krovos@hotmail.com. If that drive is too far, we could see about putting together a meetup in your neck of the woods.

Pax,
Frank
Therefore, open your mind and ponder well and the more you train yourself in play, the more you will think of it in earnest.

Frank Wray
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Frank Wray » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 am

Ealdwulf,

I'm from a similar area as your friend and would like to set up a group myself. Is your friend still looking?

Frank,

I've sent you an email.

Thanks!

-Frank

Neal Heumann

Postby Neal Heumann » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:22 am

I've got a small group in Louisville, KY that meets every Sunday @ Cherokee Park from 1pm-3pm. I also know of a recent startup run by Liam Boyle (Hourstbourne Acres sword club, i believe its called). Drive is about an hour so just a little out of the way. I believe both groups are on the groupfinder map though.

FailAndAHalf

Postby FailAndAHalf » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:45 am

This has developed since then so for the sake of any readers who happen to also be looking

The Southwest Ohio Swordsman's Guild is active on Facebook
~ Jared Willwerth
Southwest Ohio Swordsmen's Guild
Practitioner of German/Italian Longsword

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”