SoutheastIdaho (Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Rexburg, Blackfoot)

Discuss how to start or run a HEMA club. Also look for HEMA Alliance charter groups or affiliated groups in your area.
Jason Nigg

SoutheastIdaho (Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Rexburg, Blackfoot)

Postby Jason Nigg » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:45 am

Hello all, my name is Jason and I'm Looking to get into HEMA, but I don't see any groups in the Southeast Idaho area on the club finder. I'm looking for people to learn from/with in the Southeast Idaho area. I have been involved in several different unarmed martial arts (boxing, jujitsu and Muay Thai). I am completely new to HEMA/WMA but very determined to learn. I can travel if need be but I would only be able to go longer distances (150-250) miles on certain weekends.

Jason Nigg

Re: SoutheastIdaho (Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Rexburg, Blackfo

Postby Jason Nigg » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:23 pm

I also planning on visiting True Edge Academy in Salt Lake when I can, so If anyone in the area wants to roll that way and split the gas cost hit me up (my fiance has a car with killer gas mileage I can take).

alleynraven

Re: SoutheastIdaho (Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Rexburg, Blackfoot)

Postby alleynraven » Sun May 08, 2016 4:41 pm

If you're still interested I live in that same area and am looking for a training partner/someone to start up a club with me. I've been focusing on the Fiorean style (Italian) as an independent scholar to another school.

Buck Hedges

Postby Buck Hedges » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 pm

I live in McCammon (about 20 min S. of Pocatello). I currently study Shorin Ryu Karate in Pocatello, but I am interested in historical European martial arts as well. I would be interested in helping start a school, but I know very little of European Martial Arts. I am in Pocatello Monday through Friday, and have a lot of free time on Tuesdays and Thursdays if anyone wants to meet.

My interests include the sword, spear, and axe, and also mounted combat and mounted archery. I also have a lot of experience making wasters and bokken (pretty much the Japanese version of a waster) if that helps.

Jim Bagley

Postby Jim Bagley » Fri May 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Hello everyone,
I am totally new to HEMA, and i will be in South East Idaho within the Year, I am looking for someone, or a group to help me. Any takers?

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”