Study group starting up in Wasilla/Palmer area Alaska

Discuss how to start or run a HEMA club. Also look for HEMA Alliance charter groups or affiliated groups in your area.
Brandon Ingham

Study group starting up in Wasilla/Palmer area Alaska

Postby Brandon Ingham » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:03 pm

January 2017 updates! We are now training indoors mon/wed 7:00-8:30pm at Jay's Taekwando on the Palmer-Wasilla Highway. Looking for some new folks wanting to sword! You can get more info on facebook at Zornhau Alaska or contact me at vassik22@gmail.com.

===================================

We're getting a longsword study group together in Wasilla/Palmer area of Alaska. We're all beginners and are working with synthetic and wooden sticks to start with. Anyone interested feel free to send a message or an email!
Last edited by Brandon Ingham on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brandon Ingham

Re: Study group starting up in Wasilla/Palmer area Alaska

Postby Brandon Ingham » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:32 pm

It looks like Matt is a friend of a friend through the wife, small world. It's fantastic that there are experienced folks up here! Perhaps we'll be able to coax Matt out to the valley at some point, we could definitely use the expertise starting out.

There are about 4 of us right now but we will probably gain a few more after the roller derby season slows down next month. Synthetics and sticks for the time being with me acting as the training dummy with our one fencing mask. Currently we use outdoor facilities but will likely be moving to at least one day in a gym soon. Anyone heading out this way is welcome to join us.

akbikenut

Postby akbikenut » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Brandon,
I'm interested. I'm in Palmer and sent a PM. I didn't see an option to send you an e-mail.

Brandon Ingham

Postby Brandon Ingham » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Good deal! I sent you a PM and an email. Hope to see you this weekend if the weather holds!

Brandon Ingham

Postby Brandon Ingham » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Updates! We are now training indoors mon/wed 7:00-8:30pm at Jay's Taekwando on the Palmer-Wasilla Highway. Looking for some new folks wanting to sword! You can get more info on facebook at Zornhau Alaska or contact me at vassik22@gmail.com.

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”