Looking for Military Saber in South Florida (South Miami)

Discuss how to start or run a HEMA club. Also look for HEMA Alliance charter groups or affiliated groups in your area.
AluminumStork

Looking for Military Saber in South Florida (South Miami)

Postby AluminumStork » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Hello,
I live in south Miami and I am interested in finding an instructor or someone with some knowledge in Military Saber. I am working only with Hutton's manual and Matt Easton's youtube videos but will need to take the next step and find a club/instructor to practice simple attacks and parries. Currently, I am starting classical foil but the lessons are an hour and thirty min drive from my home... and will most likely be unfeasible to continue after the summer, so I am taking advantage for as long as I can.
Unfortunately, the sport fencing classes in my area do not teach saber (just foil and epee)... I have looked at the HEMA map and closest clubs are over 100 miles away and non teach saber (mostly long sword). I will be in Portland mid July and hoping to get some saber classes, but still waiting to hear from the saber instructor.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any help in my quest.
Regards

AluminumStork

Re: Looking for Military Saber in South Florida (South Miami)

Postby AluminumStork » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:35 am

Update... found a saber instructor in Portland for my 4 day visit! So minimum I will be attending one class and maybe at least one private class... as for South Florida, nothing yet but hopeful ;)

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”