Dixie Krieg 2011

For internal business and projects of the MFFG. Non-MFFG users are welcome to post relevant material.
Jayson May
HEMA Alliance Member

Dixie Krieg 2011

Postby Jayson May » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:55 am

I know it is still a few months off, but I thought it might be a good time to get a discussion going about the upcoming Dixie Krieg.

I was wondering if there are any dates set yet, so that I can go ahead a request off work. After having such a good time last year I want to make certain that I am able to make it again this year.
Also I was thinking that it would be nice if the Krieg was more than a two day event. For me at least traveling to Florida is a fairly major expense so it would be fantastic to be able to do a three or four day event to help justify the money that I’ll be spending. Don’t get me wrong, I’d come out for it even if it were for just one day. But it seems that with all the stuff that will be happening it would be easier if there was a little more time. I’m assuming that there will still be classes and the Guild Rank Tests happening in addition to the planned tournament. It just seems to me that it is a lot to pack into just two days.

Anyway, my many thanks to the folks that are doing all the leg work to make this year’s Dixie Krieg happen in the first place. And I look forward to hearing the exact dates of when it will be, so that I can start getting the logistics together on my end, to insure that am able to be there for what is surely going to be an event to remember.

Thanks,
Jayson
Jayson May
Fechter
Meyer Freifechter Verein von Zentral-Texas

This can well and properly be divided into three main parts, namely the beginning, the middle, and the end.
J. Meyer

Jake Norwood

Re: Dixie Krieg 2011

Postby Jake Norwood » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:02 am

My vote is mid October. I've got event commitments in September and (hopefully) November, FYIW.

Jake
Jake Norwood
Capital KDF
xKDF Network
YouTube Channel: DerAltenFechter

Jess Rozek

Postby Jess Rozek » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 am

A raffle/fundraiser sounds fair enough. I'm sure any extra money would help. Random idea: maybe for Dixie Krieg 2011 you could print up some shirts and sell them at the event? (I have no idea how these things work...) I mean if the shirts cost $10 to produce and you sell them at $15-$20, that would help pay back some of the money spent.

That's my 2c.
"and so quickly take his head, thus have you done it rightly..."
- Joachim Meyer, 1570

Grünberg Freifechters
Meyer Freifechter Guild, Vermont

Mike Cartier
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Mike Cartier » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:07 am

Thats a great idea Jayson, we will throw in an extra day before or after the event for us to hang out at a park somewhere and go over super secret ninja stuff.

As far as dates go i think we are looking at either the 1st or 2nd week in Oct or actually whatever works for Jake's schedule. We will finalize the event date this coming May 7th when we meet for our Orlando Gathering.
-mike cartier
Freyfechter
Meyer Freifechter Guild South Florida
http://www.freifechter.com

Mike Cartier
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Mike Cartier » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:08 am

we have settled for thje weekend of Oct 8th and 9th
-mike cartier
Freyfechter
Meyer Freifechter Guild South Florida
http://www.freifechter.com

Jay Vail
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Jay Vail » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Yes, the date for DK 2011 is Oct 8-9. We have an exciting schedule planned with loads of new stuff for attendees to learn and practice. There will also be a prize play and a Belgian rules tourney. It will be the Guild's biggest and best event yet. Looking forward to seeing all of you in October.

Return to “Meyer Frei Fechter Guild”