Guild Announcement

For internal business and projects of the MFFG. Non-MFFG users are welcome to post relevant material.
Mike Cartier
HEMA Alliance Member

Guild Announcement

Postby Mike Cartier » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 pm

We have 3 new Freifechter ranked members from the prize plays this weekend at Dixie Krieg.

Our first Freifechter is David Parker who played for the Longsword prize

Our Second Freifechter is Jon Wolfe who played for Longsword

Our Third is yours truly who played for Longsword and Dusack (I will be performing a more complete Dusack Peer review and prize play out in Texas next month to properly validate that element of my prize)

This Freifechter Rank represents a basic Instructor or senior student rank and indicates an elevated level of knowledge of Meyer for the weapon in question as well as the ability to fight with these concepts under pressure.

Once we have about 30 freifechter ranked members we will have a pool of experienced and tested members to begin to consider the concept of a Kunst Fechter Rank or Senior Freifechter Rank of a more elevated nature that would sit above the rank of Freifechter.

We will also institute a basic members Test of basic knowledge to certify a member as full guild member and as a measure of what they need to learn just as a beginning to new members.

This prize play has been our dream since the beginning of this Guild some 2-3 years ago. We have been on the Meyer path since 2002 in one way or another and this recent prize playing represents the culmination of that dream and the beginning of many others. Please feel free to give any feedback on the whole process or ask any questions. I will soon have a page on the website with all the videos and scoring involved and the methods behind the scoring etc.
-mike cartier
Freyfechter
Meyer Freifechter Guild South Florida
http://www.freifechter.com

Jake Norwood

Re: Guild Announcement

Postby Jake Norwood » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Congrats to all involved!
Jake Norwood
Capital KDF
xKDF Network
YouTube Channel: DerAltenFechter

Jeffrey Hull

Postby Jeffrey Hull » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Yay! That is great guys. :) 8-)

Axel Pettersson

Postby Axel Pettersson » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:06 am

Awseome, congrats to all new Freifechters from Sweden!
http://iamafencer.tumblr.com/

Fäktning, kampsport och riktigt bra träning i Göteborg

Keith P. Myers
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Keith P. Myers » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:12 am

Congrats to all! I wish I could have made it to the event!
Keith P. Myers
Lifetime Member HEMA Alliance
Affiliate: Bartitsu Society & Cateran Society
Friend: Meyer Frei Fechter Guild
Rockville, Maryland

Jeremy S.
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Jeremy S. » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:35 am

Congrats to all! I look forward to seeing more of the vids!
Sharing my love for all things sharp and pointy
Western Swordsmanship Technique and Research
HEMA Alliance

Charles Murdock

Postby Charles Murdock » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:23 am

Congrats to all new Freifechters. Just finished watching John Wolfe´s prize play. Great job John.

Damn...I really wanted to be there....

-Charles
Grünberg Freifechter
Meyer Freifechter Guild Vermont

Mike Cartier
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Mike Cartier » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:44 pm

as a side announcement i wanted to inform the MFFG of the promotion of Jayson May to Hauptmann. hauptmann literally means Captain and represents a n administrative position which may or may not include the fact that the individual also teaches.

currently there are only 2 hauptmenn in the guild myself as hauptmann of Florida or South East USA and Jayson May as hauptmann of Texas or central USA. This position recipients the members place as an administrative organizer for the guild. responsibilities include guild curriculum , gathering organization and a premier position in guild decision making.

For clarification this means that Jayson holds the same exact position and rank as me within the guild excluding my deadly Freyfechter prize ranking. All important guild decision are made by consulting study group leaders, Freyfechter ranked members and the guild membership. We in fact have no actual leader to the guild being that we are a collective and all members have equal voice. in the future captains or hauptmann will be assigned for all regions where we are active. There is no actual leadership position within the guild, only positions for hauptmenn, study group leaders and the ranked folks and membership.

FYI
-mike cartier
Freyfechter

Mike Cartier
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Mike Cartier » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:56 am

We have adjusted our prize play results to make my Freyfechter rank and Jon wolfe's provisional on a retake of the prize play with the adjusted rules sometime in the next 2 years. Dave Parker passed no matter what, but the adjustment after the fact of the rules, however well intentioned or correct, casts a bit of a shadow on the rank so we will fight it again in the future to keep everything proper.
Actually i will do it every year myself, its a great motivator
-mike cartier
Freyfechter

Jeffrey Hull

Postby Jeffrey Hull » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Hey Mike

Firstly - congratulations again to Dave for passing his ordeal. :)

Secondly - compliments to you and Jon for having the guts & honesty to say that you should just plain do it over again and really get it right this time. 8-)

(I know I say that as somebody who was not there, did not witness it, and did not interview you about it or whatever - but reading that post indicated to me that you guys value integrity, and thus I salute you.)

Good luck passing your future challenging ordeals!

Kudos to you all!

Happy Halloween!

Return to “Meyer Frei Fechter Guild”