Grünberg Freifechter

For internal business and projects of the MFFG. Non-MFFG users are welcome to post relevant material.
Jeremy S.
HEMA Alliance Member

Grünberg Freifechter

Postby Jeremy S. » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 am

Do you folks have anything planned for your long, cold winter? I know there was some talk of a visitor coming up, but with all his talk of fighting 'naked' his hair might not be the only thing that turns blue!
Sharing my love for all things sharp and pointy
Western Swordsmanship Technique and Research
HEMA Alliance

Mike Cartier
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Grünberg Freifechter

Postby Mike Cartier » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:34 am

mwahaha yeah i know better than that mister.

Actually i lived in Denmark for years so i am properly Viking chilled and could probably dance around in my underwear for a while before i froze up.

I am rethinking the whole thing about this year unfortunately, DK 2011 and Texas really put me in financial straights i am still digging out of. However I am still committed to coming up there in the new Year. i will be forced to go to a wedding in Washington so maybe i can figure something out.

Otherwise any MFFG member is always welcome at my house to come for the weekend or whatever and I will even try to figure out airfare and such for it if i can. I would love to get some time with Charles I know he has been working hard up there. i have not forgotten you guys. Sorry.
-mike cartier
Freyfechter
Meyer Freifechter Guild South Florida
http://www.freifechter.com

Jess Rozek

Postby Jess Rozek » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Aww Mike, we were looking forward to seeing you this winter :twisted: You know, specifically in late January/early February - it's the best time to experience Vermont :lol: Maybe we could all fight out in the snowdrifts?

Mostly Jeremy, we have a barn (stables + training arena for horses) we train in. No heat, but four walls, lights, and high ceilings. Meh, long johns under jeans, a good baselayer shirt , and a sweatshirt is what I trained in February. Charles keeps us moving. You're welcome to come up and experience it. Great fun - working out without actually sweating! :D
"and so quickly take his head, thus have you done it rightly..."
- Joachim Meyer, 1570

Grünberg Freifechters
Meyer Freifechter Guild, Vermont

Keith P. Myers
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Keith P. Myers » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:24 am

Ye know.....Maryland is between Florida and Vermont......... ;)
Keith P. Myers
Lifetime Member HEMA Alliance
Affiliate: Bartitsu Society & Cateran Society
Friend: Meyer Frei Fechter Guild
Rockville, Maryland

Return to “Meyer Frei Fechter Guild”