Lysts on the Lake - Austin

For internal business and projects of the MFFG. Non-MFFG users are welcome to post relevant material.
Chris VaughnStrever

Lysts on the Lake - Austin

Postby Chris VaughnStrever » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Hello friends, Currently I am communicating with the coordinator of this event, Brian Scott. The event is set for Apr 29 - March 1. Period tents are a must have to stay on site, they have very nice restrooms and showering places I am told indoors. Brian has arranged for a tent that i can stay in since I do not have one at this time. 3 Meals a day will be served.

I am currently setting up a presentation for our booth and am in the works of filling a spot on the main field for a show. In order to fill the spot on the main field of the event, I need others to assist me in the show. Currently the idea is to re-create a Judicial duel along the outline of Hans Talhoffers' Ambraser codex of 1449. As of this moment no one in the San Antonio Ritterlich Fechtschule is able to attend. Only I have committed to be there from Thursday through Sunday. Currently every week we have had a class for our group a new member has shown up. So the growth thus far is consistent and I may find someone that can attend with me.

Either way I was wondering if anyone out there apart of the Freifechters would be able to attend and lend a hand to this endeavor.

Thanks for any help, your friend,
-Christopher VaughnStrever

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Lysts on the Lake - Austin

Postby A Froster » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Everyone,

Chris has volunteered to represent the HEMA Alliance per a request for help sent to Jake Norwood by Bob Charette. Chris graciously volunteered to do a demonstration all by himself if need be. BTW I met Chris on MyArmoury and helped get him into HEMA in order to get his own group started. It would be an understatement to say he has done nothing less that to jump into the task of starting a first class HEMA group with both feet. If any of the Texas freifechters can be available to help him, I know he would appreciate it. By the same token, if any HEMA Alliance members can help Chris do the demonstration, it will also be greatly appreciated.

@ Chris- Since not everyone on this forum checks the Freifecter sub forum, I suggest you also annouce this under the "announcement" section of the forum.

(EDIT) I would also post this on My Armoury and some of the other HEMA forums if need be.
Opposing trolls and shills everywhere for the betterment of HEMA ( hyperbolically speaking that is) otherwise, welcoming to everyone.

Jayson May
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Jayson May » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:46 pm

hey Chris,
I should be able to make it over there on the Sunday, for this event. I'll give you a call tomorrow (Thur 3-4) to discuss some details. Just PM me or email me when would be a good time for you to talk.
Jayson May
Fechter
Meyer Freifechter Verein von Zentral-Texas

This can well and properly be divided into three main parts, namely the beginning, the middle, and the end.
J. Meyer

Chris VaughnStrever

Postby Chris VaughnStrever » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Thanks for those tips Allen, I will do that. Jason feel free to call me anytime, My day changes so there usely is no good time to call, but I can easily make time through my day as a call comes in.

Jess Rozek

Postby Jess Rozek » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:51 pm

*sigh* Why aren't there any of these type of events in New England? I'd even go to Connecticut! ;)
"and so quickly take his head, thus have you done it rightly..."
- Joachim Meyer, 1570

Grünberg Freifechters
Meyer Freifechter Guild, Vermont

Charles Murdock

Postby Charles Murdock » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:48 am

Jess Rozek wrote:*sigh* Why aren't there any of these type of events in New England? I'd even go to Connecticut! ;)

Cause it's too damn cold to be in a period tent up here this time of year. It's cold enough where we train Jess and at least that has a roof and walls :lol:

-Charles
Grünberg Freifechter
Meyer Freifechter Guild Vermont

A Froster
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby A Froster » Tue May 03, 2011 12:15 pm

So Chris...What happened?

Did you get to fight? Can you give us a blow by blow? Pictures? Videos?

Cough it up buddy!
Opposing trolls and shills everywhere for the betterment of HEMA ( hyperbolically speaking that is) otherwise, welcoming to everyone.

Return to “Meyer Frei Fechter Guild”