Article storage website

For project proposals, updates, and volunteering. Please read the forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
HEMA Alliance approved projects are marked with an asterisk. You do not need to be a member to propose or contribute to a project, though you do need to be a member to be a project team lead. Non-Alliance projects that are for the primary benefit of the full HEMA community are welcome in this forum.
Joey Nitti

Re: Article storage website

Postby Joey Nitti » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:06 pm

I think the issue of personal interpretation should not stop videos of techniques from going on the Wiktenauer pages for those techniques. There's a simple solution:

Put a clear label at the top of the page that states "These are various interpretations from different HEMA practitioners, they are all individual interpretations of the technique, and should not be taken as an official method"
or something like that.

Then just post as many videos as you can find/get showing that technique. It would be cool to go on the Krumphau page and see dozens of videos from HEMA practitioners all over the world showing their interpretation of the technique.
Joey Nitti
Ottawa Swordplay

"...stab him in the face." ~Sigmund Ringeck

"Will you pluck your sword out of his pitcher by the ears?
make haste, lest mine be about your ears ere it be out." ~William Shakespeare

Michael-Forest
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Michael-Forest » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:17 am

So, whatever happened to this?

An aggregator and catalog of HEMA articles and translations and stuff would be exceedingly useful.
Michael-Forest Meservy
Noble Science Academy
HEMA Alliance

Borislav Krustev

Postby Borislav Krustev » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:04 pm

I would love to write up a structure and rules for a website like this, but I would definitely need a back-ender and front-ender for the website itself. People here have given me quite a few good ideas, but no one has volunteered yet.

For any web-guy willing to put in some time in this - I have some knowledge on HTML and WEB, so conversing with me on the topic would not be like talking to a aboriginal, but my skills were learned when all people used for websites was good old HTML.

Return to “HEMA Alliance Projects”