HEMAA Business Cards

For project proposals, updates, and volunteering. Please read the forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
HEMA Alliance approved projects are marked with an asterisk. You do not need to be a member to propose or contribute to a project, though you do need to be a member to be a project team lead. Non-Alliance projects that are for the primary benefit of the full HEMA community are welcome in this forum.
jcostantino

HEMAA Business Cards

Postby jcostantino » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:29 am

After Fechtschule New York and watching my instructor interact with a few members of the public, it occurred to me that it may be a good idea to have a collection of HEMAA business cards to pass out at events/fairs/conventions etc. The cards could direct people to the HEMAA site, contact info to the PR coordinator (if there is one?), or instructions on how to connect with a local group. In other organizations that I have been a participant, I have found it massively helpful to hand someone a card as a reminder to look up my organization, rather than telling them to "google" and hope they do so when they go home.

I know buying business cards in bulk can be pretty cheap.

Ben Michels
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: HEMAA Business Cards

Postby Ben Michels » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:32 am

I think we had business cards at one point. John Harmston gave me a whole bunch a couple years ago.

Steven H

Postby Steven H » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:08 pm

I love this idea and I am willing to head up their design.
Athena School of Arms - Longsword & Highland Broadsword
Fight with All Your Strength
Swords of Chivalry - Youth Swordsmanship in Acton, MA

Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Project Director

Postby Michael Chidester » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm

How much design goes into a business card? Name, org, contact information, logo. Done.

Which reminds me, I really need Wiktenauer business cards.
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Insquequo omnes gratuiti fiunt

Kody Tench
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Kody Tench » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:22 pm

this is a lot like the member card everyone wants :P but it would be much easier to impliment
Blood for Blood and Azphelpenumbra.

Steven H

Postby Steven H » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Michael Chidester wrote:How much design goes into a business card? Name, org, contact information, logo. Done.

Which reminds me, I really need Wiktenauer business cards.

Mike, I do realize that I was volunteering for something easy :D
But I do want it done.

Richard Marsden
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Richard Marsden » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:44 pm

I don't see why this can't be done at a local level and easy. Steven, is it possible to cook up a design and a means to let people download that design so they can make their own cards? I know some services offer free-batches of cards.

Steven H

Postby Steven H » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Richard Marsden wrote:I don't see why this can't be done at a local level and easy.

Because I think making it an Alliance project will cause it to be implemented more widely. If every membership includes 100 cards then more people will have them in hand.

Richard Marsden wrote:Steven, is it possible to cook up a design and a means to let people download that design so they can make their own cards? I know some services offer free-batches of cards.

I'll put together a design in the next week or so. I know I want to have my own no later than the event I'm doing on the 22nd.

Cheers,
Steven

Richard Marsden
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Richard Marsden » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Let me contact you in private. I like that you've stepped up and want to make a thing happen. No engine, no project.

Ben Jarashow
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Ben Jarashow » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:02 am

I know my wife's theater troupe gets Postcard-sized prints to hand out for advertising their plays. If what we're talking about here is something to hand out at events, etc. I'd think that larger than Business Card -sized may be better. My thought is that business cards are good for introducing an individual, but for promoting a group, you want something more brochure-like....

I believe they use Vistaprint, with a glossy picture (uploaded) front and B&W back printing, and they can get 1000 cards for about $100.

Steven, any chance of sending out your final as an open-source so we (other groups, etc) might tailor it to our personal taste?
A man with facial hair is often an outright villain. It also scores extra evil points if combined with a shaven head. A goatee is a staple of Evil Twins everywhere.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilTwin

Return to “HEMA Alliance Projects”