HEMA Alliance Approved Gear

For project proposals, updates, and volunteering. Please read the forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
HEMA Alliance approved projects are marked with an asterisk. You do not need to be a member to propose or contribute to a project, though you do need to be a member to be a project team lead. Non-Alliance projects that are for the primary benefit of the full HEMA community are welcome in this forum.
Jonathan Allen
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: HEMA Alliance Approved Gear

Postby Jonathan Allen » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 am

That would achieve the primary goal.

If we went that route, where/how would we post the reviews? I'm thinking someplace easier to search than the forums where we can group equipment by type.
Jonathan Allen
Scholars of Alcalá
San Diego, CA
http://grauenwolf.wordpress.com/

Ben Floyd
Site Admin

Postby Ben Floyd » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:55 am

Meg and I were actually planning on making a site for this, but I swear it doesn't influence my opinion on it. :P The reason I have this opinion is I don't think the HEMAA should be exposed to the potential liability related to gear approval. As soon as it fails, someone could say 'but it was approooooved! waaaahhhhhhhhhhh!"

I also don't want companies angry with the HEMAA or fighting over who is approved or not.
Ben Floyd
HEMAA Lifetime Member
Krieg School of Historical Fencing, a HEMAA group

"A poor Stück will be executed by an ingenious mindful person much more usefully in the work, than the best one will be executed by a fool."

Jake Norwood

Postby Jake Norwood » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 am

+1
Jake Norwood
Capital KDF
xKDF Network
YouTube Channel: DerAltenFechter

Return to “HEMA Alliance Projects”