Updating the search function?

For project proposals, updates, and volunteering. Please read the forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
HEMA Alliance approved projects are marked with an asterisk. You do not need to be a member to propose or contribute to a project, though you do need to be a member to be a project team lead. Non-Alliance projects that are for the primary benefit of the full HEMA community are welcome in this forum.
Ben Jarashow
HEMA Alliance Member

Re: Updating the search function?

Postby Ben Jarashow » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:39 am

Michael Chidester wrote:You lost me again.

Ben Floyd wrote:No one else has access to the server because it lies in the Realm of the Forbidden. From my understanding, it is guarded by the Dragon of the Information Privacy Act. We've previously talked about moving the server to the Empire of Paid Servers, but as it stands, the Realm of the Forbidden is awkwardly placed in the middle of the Kingdom of Free Server Fees.

I believe myself capable of interpreting such arcane language:
Mayshar is the one person who is allowed access to server on which the forum is currently hosted.
Right now we are not paying for the server.
We could go to a different server, but it would cost money, and this solution works for the moment.

Did I get that all basically right?
A man with facial hair is often an outright villain. It also scores extra evil points if combined with a shaven head. A goatee is a staple of Evil Twins everywhere.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilTwin

Ben Floyd
Site Admin

Postby Ben Floyd » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:43 am

Ben Jarashow wrote:I believe myself capable of interpreting such arcane language:
Mayshar is the one person who is allowed access to server on which the forum is currently hosted.
Right now we are not paying for the server.
We could go to a different server, but it would cost money, and this solution works for the moment.

Did I get that all basically right?

Forsooth good sir, thy have verily ascertained the essence of my sentiment.... and Chidester started it!
Ben Floyd
HEMAA Lifetime Member
Krieg School of Historical Fencing, a HEMAA group

"A poor Stück will be executed by an ingenious mindful person much more usefully in the work, than the best one will be executed by a fool."

Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Project Director

Postby Michael Chidester » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:46 am

So either teach Mayshar how to use computers or move the Alliance site. Actually, do the latter either way. Having it on a sever that can only be accessed by one dude who's not even on the GC sounds like a bad long-term strategy.
Michael Chidester
Wiktenauer Director
HEMA Alliance, WMAC

Insquequo omnes gratuiti fiunt

Michael-Forest
HEMA Alliance Member

Postby Michael-Forest » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Michael Chidester wrote:So either teach Mayshar how to use computers or move the Alliance site. Actually, do the latter either way. Having it on a sever that can only be accessed by one dude who's not even on the GC sounds like a bad long-term strategy.

He is on the Board of Directors, at least.
Michael-Forest Meservy
Noble Science Academy
HEMA Alliance

Jonathan Mayshar

Postby Jonathan Mayshar » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:49 am

Mike is correct. And being a jerk.

It's not a long-term strategy. When last this came up the issue was that moving was dependent on where the Wiktenauer was going, and whether we were going to need to find a host that could best serve both needs. But we can move any time to whatever host the GC selects.
Jonathan Mayshar
Kron Martial Arts, Orange County, CA
HEMA Alliance Lifetime Member

Ben Floyd
Site Admin

Postby Ben Floyd » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:28 am

Yeah, it's been brought up, and it will happen. Timing and manpower is the only issue.
Ben Floyd
HEMAA Lifetime Member
Krieg School of Historical Fencing, a HEMAA group

"A poor Stück will be executed by an ingenious mindful person much more usefully in the work, than the best one will be executed by a fool."

Return to “HEMA Alliance Projects”